The Delaware Apartment Association
The Delaware Apartment Association (DAA) is a non-profit trade organization representing multi-family housing owners, managers, and developers in New Castle, Kent, and Sussex Counties. It was formed in 1997 to serve exclusively the multi-family housing industry and provide its members with a strong voice in Delaware government affairs, programs that provide education for community managers and employees, and dissemination of information necessary for its members to be continuously informed about issues critical to the industry.
The Mission of DAA is as follows: The purpose of the Delaware Apartment Association is to advance the rental housing industry through education, legislative and informational support, and helping our members to operate successfully while contributing to the community around them.
We, the Members of the Delaware Apartment Association, Inc. recognizing our duty to the public and nature of the relationship between the apartment resident and the apartment owner or manager and being aware of the increasing role of the apartment industry in providing needed housing, and in order to provide the multi-housing community with quality and service upon the highest standards of honesty, integrity, do hereby bind ourselves, with the adoption of this Code of Ethics, agreeing that, so long as we remain Members of the Association, and so long as nothing contained herein shall be unlawful, we shall:
- Promote cooperation within the multi-housing industry through the pursuit of common business
interests and goals.
- Create and maintain high standards for business dealings within the industry and to combat trade abuses within the industry.
- Make the public aware of issues involving the industry and to improve relations between the publicand the industry.
- Research and develop, publish and disseminate information pertinent to the industry, and to
the Members of the Association.
- Advocate and promote high professional standards and sound business practices among Members of the Association in the interest of the industry and the general public.
- Sponsor and promote conventions and trade shows featuring the industry, educational
program seminars, and other educational forums for the benefit of the Members and the industry.
- Increase awareness within the industry of federal, state, and local laws and regulations involving theindustry, monitor legislation affecting the industry in the State of Delaware and actively promote and lobby for appropriate housing legislation.
- Seek to provide better values, so that an even greater share of the public may enjoy the many benefits of apartment living.
- Support all fair housing laws and shall not permit discriminatory acts within the apartment industry with regard to housing or employment and shall not deny housing or employment to any person for reasons of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin. Members of the Association shall not be a party to any plan or agreement to discriminate against a person on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex handicap, familial status, or national origin.